GodblessyourART ETSY SHOP

Wanna see when I post something new? Follow me...

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Day 14: Stamping a Scene + Watercolors

 Hello Christian Art Journalers and friends!
Today I am sharing how to make a scene...with stamps and watercolors!  I am using the Inspired Stamps set called Scenic View. 
Tomorrow I'll show you how to create a similar scene just using your watercolor paints and pencils!
I started off using the circle stamp and Stazon ink.  The cut of this looks kinda odd when you put it on the block, but we had it made like that to give your circle more stability...and this really helps to make a beautiful circle:
 I only wanted half the circle to make the horizon line sun, so I masked it with paper:
Next I stamped some blue clouds and some waves.  The stamp "May the Lord bless your day!" is stamped in the sun:
 I used the line stamp from this set to create a sand line.  I also use it for the horizon line under the sun when the sun is on land instead of a wavy water scene!
 I stamped the mountains and more clouds on the other page, then: using the lightest blue in my watercolor palette, I took a very wet brush and brushed the color around the clouds.  Then a yellow for the sun and a darker blue for the water:
 I used my atyou Spica marker to give some depth to the shoreline:
 And watercolored the beach.
 Next a row of grass created a nice barrier for the mountains (I will go back later and do some shadowing on the mountains but ran out of time today!)

The page is done, and now it's time to journal!
 I ran pencil lines across to guide my marker (A Copic brown marker is used for the journaling):
 Here's each page individually:

Until tomorrow!
May God bless your ART...and your HEART!
~Antoinette
www.inspiredstamps.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Dr. Ivy said...

Wow, what a great journal page. What a reminder that all we have to do is look around and we can see the Lord's blessings. Thank you for sharing.

Christian Clear Stamps shipping SAME DAY in most cases!

Hello friends! We have a huge rush of orders these weeks prior to Christmas so we make several runs to the post office to get your stamps t...