GodblessyourART ETSY SHOP

Wanna see when I post something new? Follow me...

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Day 15: Watercolor Scene+liquid Acrylics+markers

 Hello Christian Art Journalers and friends!

How are you doing as we enter the half way mark to our 31 Days of Christian Art journaling?  Tomorrow I have a great collage paper technique you will love, but wanted to give you another alternative today to stamping a scene:  watercolor painting one.  And I wanted to keep it simple, because not everyone feels comfortable watercoloring and I want you to keep focused on the PROCESS of art journaling, not to have you focus on the OUTCOME so much.  It's what keeps this fun for me.

You will make random watercolor brushes to get your basic 'shapes' in there:
 I have a couple mountains, clouds, sand and water showing up in this, but it's done with random movements and doesn't look like much now.
 Added my sun and some more 'cloudlike' movements with my blue in the sky.
 I wanted to bring the entire scene together more in the blue family, so squirted this over the whole scene.

 Next I added some drops of the liquid acrylic in green on the left and blue on the right (see the shimmer?  That's the liquid acrylic!)
 Next I stamped a favorite verse from the Inspired Stamps PRAYER set, using a permanent ink.
 Lastly I drew in with marker so defining lines and journaling (I do not know why the brown shows up so STRONG here, on my page its much more subtle!)
 I tried out a new product for me today:  Smooch.  It is a shimmering paint and I used it to put snow on my mountains, fluff in my clouds, and highlights in my journaling.  I like it!
Here the page is completed.

Tomorrow we'll do some fun collage, so get those scraps a'ready!
May God bless your ART...and your HEART!
~Antoinette
www.inspiredstamps.com

No comments:

Christian Clear Stamps shipping SAME DAY in most cases!

Hello friends! We have a huge rush of orders these weeks prior to Christmas so we make several runs to the post office to get your stamps t...