GodblessyourART ETSY SHOP

Wanna see when I post something new? Follow me...

Friday, January 23, 2015

Bible ARt Journaling: MAKE YOUR OWN JOURNAL + BIBLE ART Week 4

Hello friends!
How are you doing this beautiful Friday?  It is not only Bible Art Journaling day here on this blog, but on my other blog www.inspiredstamps.blogspot.com it is New Stamp Release day each Friday, so a very busy day for me!  But a great one and one I've been wanting to share with you!

First up, let me share the Bible Art Journaling I did in my Art Journaling Bible (using the 3 new stamps that just came in the GodblessyourART etsy shop today:
 I chose 2 Timothy chapter 2 to work on today since I love these instructions and what we learn (and can rest in) about our God...He knows who are His.  What a comforting thought!
 I've also been working in a journal I have made.  I wanted a smaller amount of pages than I found in store-bought journals AND I wanted each segment of Romans I art journal to be in different journals.  I had seen Teesha Moore's Amazing 16 page Art Journal tutorial on youtube before and decided now was the right time to try it out.  I LOVE IT! I linked her first part of the tutorial so you can see it.

I made the first one out of Bristol paper and the second one I made with the paper she recommends on the video.  I like them both, but the Bristol paper does seem less fold friendly, but that could be my particular type of paper I picked up at Michaels.

I also got the wrong dimensions the first time around because my paper wasn't big enough.  But different sized pages are always welcome in a journal I am working in, so I just went with it.  

I have painted all the pages with Golden's Liquid Acrylic paints and begun to sketch in with pencil how I think I'm going to progess with the first page and some on the title page.  I'll take photos of these each week to add to my Friday post to show you the progress I've made and how I'm doing these pages.  I also cut some to make them more interesting inside.  And, I never like the painting I do at the start, but the pages won't look much like they do now when I'm finished so if you find the same thing, try not to worry about the underpaintings you do:   Here it is closed (stays very flat, surprisingly):
 I turned the book around (you'll notice 'sin' is upside down above).  The blue flap opens up the book and this flap was tucked under the front cover.  I pulled it out to show you...it will be the chapter titles of the book of Romans I am studying:
 So the flap you see up above is to the left (with the Hymn Girl holding the gospel) and I've sketched what I'm thinking I want to do.  I highly recommend you always sketch in pencil to make sure everything you want gets in there and fits, and that you like it.  If not, you can erase and start over...not so when you begin using your pen/marker to fill in...

This shows the pencil of what I am wanting to do more clearly above.  See the 'wave' at the top of the yellow paper? Notice when I turn the page below it is on the left side.  And I pull out another flap to the right:
Turd the page and this is what is next:
 Turn the page again and you get these:
 Finally, is this page (appropriately in brown for this shall be chapter 3 'all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God' page---I always mark sin BROWN in my Bible so it fit):
 And that turns to show the back of the journal, with all the flaps out so you can see them.
 Above you can see all the pages if you stand it up...
 But it is remarkably thin when folded up
I hope you enjoyed today's post!  This is my favorite past time right now, working on this journal!  Let me know if you make one yourself for whatever bible study you are working on!  What a wonderful keepsake of your learning!!

May God bless your HEART...and you ART!
Antoinette
(SKETCHY ALPHABET stamps from my Inspired Stamp online etsy shop were used to stamp ROMAN CH 1-3, and the HYMN GIRL inside with the GOSPEL STAMP ( 1 CORINTHIANS 15:4-6) at
www.etsy.com/shop/GodblessyourART)

1 comment:

Linda said...

I love the idea of using Teesha Moore's journal instructions for your study. I made one of these journals a while back, but I never thought of using it to document what I've learned from a Bible Study. Love the idea and thanks for sharing it.....Linda E.

Christian Clear Stamps shipping SAME DAY in most cases!

Hello friends! We have a huge rush of orders these weeks prior to Christmas so we make several runs to the post office to get your stamps t...