GodblessyourART ETSY SHOP

Wanna see when I post something new? Follow me...

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Day 6: Layering with Masks (glad)

Hello Christian Art Journalers and friends!
Today we're getting layered with masks!!  Above you'll see a few masks I've purchased and some I've made with my Die Cutting Machine.

Let's get started by sponging over one piece:






I just put yellow paint at the top of page two to dab my sponge tool in.  Next use your sponge to fill in the paint at the top and then scrape more paint with your gift card on the bottom:

 Have extra paint?  Put it on some blank pages in another place in your journal:
Next I masked using Coffee Break Designs (great people and great products!) mask:


 Ok, I made a mistake there in the sunburst by moving my stencil while painting...it will be fixed later.
Next blue paint is scraped across these parts of the paper with my gift card and dried before I do more masking:
 I intentionally masked over my sunburst mistake...no sight of it now!  Here's a close up of my sponging...

Next I used the Inspired Stamps Journal Shapes to add words and some journaling lines:
 I add Psalm 118:24 in white pigment ink
 And I will finish my journaling later tonight!  But here is the finished journal page, all masked up!
 I hope you get out your stencils and paint and do some layered pages yourself!
Tomorrow I have a fun and super simple technique for you that you will use over and over in your Christian Art Journaling!

May God bless your ART...and your HEART!
~Antoinette
Inspired stamps:  journal shapes and  a $3.99 single scripture stamp:Psalm 118:24

No comments:

Christian Clear Stamps shipping SAME DAY in most cases!

Hello friends! We have a huge rush of orders these weeks prior to Christmas so we make several runs to the post office to get your stamps t...