GodblessyourART ETSY SHOP

Wanna see when I post something new? Follow me...

Thursday, March 26, 2015

March 26: Beginning Bible Art Journaling

Hello friends!
Today we shall tackle the blank page!!
Yesterday I took you through all the efforts I took to make sure this page worked out well with my Pan Pastels.  And here is how today's sesson went!

First, I read through and moaned in my heart that I have only enough time left in March to really choose a verse from this RICH SECTION OF SCRIPTURE and focus on it for my artwork.  But I may incorporate some of the other as we go along, so I quieted my resistance, and set to work:
I got out my sets of Pan Pastels (if you are new to this, google them or youtube them, there is a lot of info about them out there).  I love them so much and they are blend-able and erasable!

I knew I wanted to focus on the verse "Your word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path"  A lamp shows bright light up close; this is why we need God's Word DAILY...He gives us what we need for the moment.  But it also is a light unto my path...it guides where I go next!  I knew I wanted to use one of my Hymn Girls (Inspired Stamps) and HYMN GIRLS: DECEMBER has a girl with her book/hymnal open...I made it the bible.  I also wanted 'light' to come from it to her feet, and I knew I wanted a path.
I stamped her, cut her out and laid her (not glued down yet) to the side to help me figure where I wanted my sky.  I didn't cover the words, but made a sky around them instead.
I did the same thing with green but apparently forgot to photograph that part lol.  And created a path under her using an eraser to help make the path more clear:

I stamped the word 'BIBLE' from the same stamp set onto her book so it's clear what she's reading (notice the part under her is smooth green at this point and the pen from the other side is not showing...yet)
Then I sprayed with hairspray to set it and...wow is the writing from behind showing through...bu only where I had pen. The micron work and the other Frixion work does not show through.  Lesson learned!  So I will be putting something over these sections tomorrow, keeping with the 'scene' I've created on this page.  I share this with you because as you try new things you WILL have some effect you dislike and you need to keep it in perspective, not worrying that you've 'ruined' anything. Most things can be covered with a cute sticker or copy paper shape!  Don't let it stress you, but see it as an opportunity to do a little more creatively.

Tomorrow I will share the fixes (which made my heart happy because there was more I wanted to tackle here anyhoo!

May God bless your ART...and your HEART,
Antoinette





No comments:

Christian Clear Stamps shipping SAME DAY in most cases!

Hello friends! We have a huge rush of orders these weeks prior to Christmas so we make several runs to the post office to get your stamps t...