GodblessyourART ETSY SHOP

Wanna see when I post something new? Follow me...

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Day 10: Liquid Acrylics

Hello Christian Art Journalers and Friends,
Today I have a favorite material to share with you:  liquid acrylics!  These are my all-time-favorite paints to work with when I want a really spectacular effect. 

Here's how I began today's Christian Art Journaling:
Squirt the green paint, then the blue paint (each bottle has it's own 'eyedropper' built in)  I then spray my water bottle and let the paint drip, squirting the green part first and then dabbing with a paper towel, then the blue part (no dabbing, let it run to the edge then dry the pages with a hair dryer):





 When it's dry it will look so sparkly and beautiful you will just want to sign your name and hang it on a wall!  These paints are just that gorgeous!
 I took the flash off my camera so you could see the shine a little better of the paints here:


 Next I thought of grass and sky with this layout so I grabbed the Inspired Stamps:  Trees and Leaves set:
 I stamped the trees with Stazon ink and then stamped the verse from the BE STILL SILHOUETTES  stamp set in pigmented white.  I didn't like the softness of it, so I stamped a little under this with the same stampset in black...

 By stamping like this it gives a 'highlighted' look on your words!  I love this effect and use it often in cardmaking.
 Finally, I wanted my journaling to not be the most obvious thing on the pages so I wrote along the 'horizon line' and down the page, across the bottom.  Here are each of the pages close up:


I hope you will give these liquid acrylics a try!  They are so gorgeous to look at in real life...I wish the photos did them justice!

May God bless your ART...and your HEART!
~Antoinette
Inspired Stamps used:  Trees and Leaves, Be Still Silhouettes

1 comment:

Dr. Ivy said...

Wow, the sparkle of the paints and then adding the stamped images. This is gorgeous. You could do this on canvas and hang it in your home. Love it.

Christian Clear Stamps shipping SAME DAY in most cases!

Hello friends! We have a huge rush of orders these weeks prior to Christmas so we make several runs to the post office to get your stamps t...