GodblessyourART ETSY SHOP

Wanna see when I post something new? Follow me...

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Day 3: Paint, gift card smear (friends)

Hello Christian Art Journalers and Friends,
Today I had so much fun with my BFF, Kim, and I knew I'd be using the verse, "A friend loves at all times" on this page.  We spent the morning at the Heirloom Stamp show, shopping for fun new things to add to our art journals!  Friends having a good time, even though we both have had our share of trials in the past year, sometimes it's just NECESSARY to have a fun, girls day out sharing fun time together.  We are both focusing on the joys the Lord gives us with each new day, and living in the now thankfully and joyfully (sounds like I have enough for tomorrow's journal too LOL)

Today's technique is a favorite of mine because it is easy and fun (plus there are no brushes to clean after!):
One note before we get going, IF IT BOTHERS you that your pages are getting some of the color from the other day's painting (you can see some on mine above), you can use a piece of wax paper put behind each of your pages to prevent this.  It doesn't bother me at all, so I generally don't protect my pages, but you CAN!
 First, you'll choose 2 colors (I have red and yellow).  I always start with lightest, putting a small amount of paint on each page and then scraping it across the page to paint it:

Easy peasy!  Next I do the same with the red, but I want to leave some yellow for journaling in black marker, so I go around it, and you can use your pencil eraser to doodle designs (see bottom of this photo):

 I wanted to tone the red down and make this more cohesive so another coat of yellow over much of the top:

Now comes stamping:

 A wet spot gets texture from my paper towel, then more stamping:


 I used the big chisel side of the black marker around the pages and Scripture then draw pencil lines to guide my journaling:

 I had more to say (go figure) so I wrote with a fine line AROUND my text box:

The finished product is done! 
Tomorrow, more fun!  I appreciate all the emails and comments you leave here!  So happy to hear some others are joining us!  SO much fun!
May God bless your ART...and your HEART!
~Antoinette
Inspired stamps used:  Journal Shapes and Friendships Flowers

2 comments:

glowegal said...

So pretty, Antoinette!! I love the bold colors and the stamping! So glad you had such a wonderful day with your friend! Can't wait to try this technique!

Anita said...

Great tips! This is helping me figure out what to do.

Christian Clear Stamps shipping SAME DAY in most cases!

Hello friends! We have a huge rush of orders these weeks prior to Christmas so we make several runs to the post office to get your stamps t...