Pages

Wanna see when I post something new? Follow me...

Friday, February 27, 2015

52 Weeks of Bible Art Journaling: Week 9: Romans 1:18+

Hello friends!
Today is week 9 of our 52 Weeks of Bible Art Journaling and since my focus each day in March is going to be IN the bible, with 31 Days of March: Beginning Bible Art Journaling, I wanted to get another section of my OUTSIDE of the Bible Art Journaling in for today's section.

This page started out in pink, when I created the handmade journal:
But, I wanted to cover the 2nd half of Romans chapter 1 which really deals with the wrath of God being revealed against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men...a very dark reality of mankind without Christ so I wanted my page's color to show this as well:
 Above you can see I painted the entire page (with some splotches of pink still showing through) with black liquid acrylic.
 I used white liquid acrylic to paint some clouds after using pan pastels to get some blue down on the black (it's visable a little bit in the photo above).
You can really see the green pan pastels I used over the pink splotches to represent the ground in the photo above.
 Here are the pages (I have some notes I want to add, some word studies I've done to add as well).  Above you'll see it's headed above the clouds with wrong belief---(leads to)---wrong worship---(which leads to) wrong character and conduct.  It's where we all are before God the Father draws us to submissive, humble faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.  You can see I used one of my Inspired Stamps HYMN GIRL: OCTOBER and some words from newer Bible Art Journaling stamp sets to show the suppression and back-turning on real truth, although what is knowable about God being evident to each person, within each person, because God Himself has made Himself evident (obvious)...we are all without excuse.
 Next up Scripture tells us about how His attributes are understood in Creation, yet sinful mankind exchanges that truth for a lie, and His glory for others...so God gives them over to impurity, degrading passions...
and a depraved mind.  The characteristics I wanted listed out while staying true to the flow God has given in His Word so I kept all of them in order.  How very powerful to read through these practices and think on them. Even here in chapter 1 of Romans, the need for a Savior from this sinfulness is so real!

That is just a glimpse at how I go through the text in my studies and what propelled me to make these journals of my Romans study to keep my understanding fresh to remind me as other studies begin later this year!

Have you heard about the 31 Days of March: Beginning Bible Art Journaling free online posts I am bringing here to the GodblessyourART blog beginning THIS Sunday?
I am so excited to share this with you and wanted to thank all of you who have shared this with others, have emailed me or left comments!  I am really excited to get started on this on Sunday!

Until then,
May God bless your ART...and your HEART!
Antoinette


No comments: