Pages

Wanna see when I post something new? Follow me...

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Scripture Memorization in a Grateful Calendar: first 2 weeks of entries!

Hello friends!
Today I have been up to my elbows in gesso!  I took the calendar journal apart today and gessoed the inside covers which I then inked and varnished...still drying so I'll share those next week. (see yesterday's post to see what these pages look like INSIDE the journal).

I took the two weeks worth of Grateful Calendar pages out to photograph for you so you can see what this looks like!  I decided to focus my creativity on the Bible verses I am working on memorizing and keep the entries of the gratefulness to God simply handwritten (of course, knowing me, I will end up doodling or drawing eventually when I'm not busy working on the covers of this journal anymore, but for now, I am keeping that part simple.)

Here is week one:
I cut a black piece of cardstock 4.75x3.75 and then used spray inks and acrylics to create the background for the Scripture I wrote/stamped out on a white piece of cardstock 1/8th of an inch smaller.  I love the black outline as it makes the colors pop:
Here's a closer shot of the verse.  I have a lot of new stamp sets coming out over the next several weeks and two I used here to stamp a number of the words in this verse (I hand-wrote the other words):
This one is Bible Art Journaling: Word Mix 1 and the one below is Bible Art Journaling: Colorable Words.  I'll let you know as soon as they are in the etsy shop (www.etsy.com/shop/GodblessyourART)
I love being able to bend clear stamps and I did it in my Scripture with the word peace from the colorable words above:
I then colored it in with some Copic markers.

Here is Week #2, filled in through today (Thursday).  I will add dates to this once the new CALENDAR stamp arrives (It's like Christmas waiting for all these new stamps to arrive here!!):

I also have a new Bible Art Journaling: ARROWS stamp set coming soon and used one of the arrows in this one above!

Regardless of your calendar type, I hope you are journaling along with me this year, memorizing Scripture and documenting what you are grateful for each day!

Tomorrow (Friday) I will have another post with the BIBLE ART JOURNALING that you won't want to miss!!  I've been so busy this week creating and studying God's Word...what a blessed way to start the new year!  The Inspired Stamps Design Team has gorgeous Scripture cards up on the blog at www.inspiredstamps.blogspot.com if you want to take a look!

May God bless your HEART...and your ART,
Antoinette




1 comment:

Queen Bee said...

Beautiful page and I love the new word stamps!